City of Covington Seeks Small Business Coordinator
The City of Covington is accepting applications for the following position:
Small Business Coordinator
The City of Covington seeks a dynamic Small Business Coordinator to lead recovery efforts from pandemic impacts for small businesses in the City. This emphasis on small business recovery will take place in both Olde Town (downtown) as well as the small businesses located in shopping areas, highway and street corridors, and neighborhood businesses as well. In addition to this unique job opportunity, our area offers a modest cost of living, numerous quality-of-life features, and exceptional outdoor recreation opportunities.
Job Knowledge and Required Skills
The Small Business Coordinator should have education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: small business development, commercial district management, economics, finance, public relations, planning, business administration, public administration, retailing, volunteer or non-profit administration. The Small Business Coordinator (SBC) must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment as well as possess the ability to work within a regulated framework. Excellent computer, written, and verbal communication skills are essential. Supervisory and volunteer development skills are desirable. The Small Business Coordinator (SBC) is a full-time position (40 hrs./week) that includes a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications as well as an excellent benefits package. Some evening, weekend, or special event availability may be required. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and social media platforms is preferred and a valid vehicle operator’s license is required.
Responsibilities of Position
- Directing small business recovery and revitalization efforts for all small businesses in the City of Covington
- Assisting small business owners and staff in recovery efforts
- Identifying sources of assistance and implementing related programs
- Hands on assistance to include, meetings, informational materials, and forms completion
- Publicizing the available opportunities and assistance from the program in print media, verbal communications, social media, and radio/television marketing
- Providing support and assistance to City Administration, staff, and City Council
- Community involvement to include solicitation of input related to essential needs to assist local citizens in conjunction with small business recovery efforts
A full job description can be found online at www.covington.va.us under “City Government” and then “Employment” or https://covington.va.us/city-government/employment/. It is requested that applicants submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Heading: SBC Applicant Packet. Applications will be reviewed as received. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Covington offers equal employment opportunities to all job applicants and employees. All employment policies and practices shall be free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.